I CAN’T BELEIVE IT, IT’S FINALLY HAPPENED!#
- The Columbine high school massacre
- The Euro currency launched
- DC snipers (John Allen Muhammad and John Lee Malvo) caught
- The Queen Mother died
- U.S. and Britain launch war against Iraq
- Indian Ocean Tsunami
- The Bali bombings
- 7/7 bombings
- Hurricane Katrina
- Apple launches the iPhone
- Saddam Hussein was executed
- Amazon launched the Kindle
- Pope John Paul II died
- Barack Obama is sworn in as the first African American President
- Markets plunge around the globe
That’s just to name a few events…
So yes, we’ve waited a heck of a long time, so long that I thought that this would be one of those films that remains in development hell and would maybe get a release as a comic series or a t.v. project, we’ve been there and seen it all before.
BUT we’re actually getting our final entry into one of the most under-rated franchises in Horror. There have been a few facts pointed out about the film, here they are:
- The project has been filming little by little since 2008.
- The original working title for several years was “Reggie’s Tales”.
- It was partly filmed in Crestline, CA at Reggie Bannister’s own home.
- Many of the familiar series elements are back… the ‘Cuda and the sphere especially.
- The Lady in Lavender will be making a return appearance.
- Don Coscarelli did NOT direct the film. “Phantasm V: Ravager” was written and directed by David Hartman under the supervision of Coscarelli.
Despite the disappointment that Coscarelli didn’t direct he has overseen the project and we can all breath a sigh of relief with the news that Angus Scrimm, Reggie Bannister, Bill Thornbury and Michael Baldwin will all be returning!
But you’re probably sick of my ranting and want to see the trailer so here you are: